Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Month of Mary - May 1st


  St. Philip Neri distinguished himself by his love of Mary. In his earliest childhood not a day passed, on which he did not honor her by some pious practice or some work of mortification. He called her his dear Mother, his beloved patroness, his joy. When speaking of her his face became radiant with joy, and all his hearers felt their zeal growing by his speech. Never did he preach or instruct without mentioning the sweet name of Mary. In all his actions he remembered her; in all his words he praised her. Therefore he was blessed by his heavenly Mother with special benefits and graces, and was favored with an apparition of her. The most precious of the graces he received through her intercession was, as he said, his profound adoration of the Most Holy Eucharist. He lived and died―a faithful servant of Mary.



O Mother of fair love! show me thy glory and fill me with admiration to thee―the most beautiful work of thy and my Creator. Replenish me with love to thee who didst give me Jesus―the fruit of the love of God, who still gives me Jesus, and teach me to know Him, to love Him, thus to gain His mercy. Look with pleasure upon the small tokens of my love and obtain by thy intercession for me a holy spirit that I may always honor thee and pray to thee in spirit and in truth. Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment